I thought I would share this guide as it will be useful for people who have bought a box that runs on OpenELEC. I use one myself and normally just use FTP to move the update file and reboot for the update. But this uses a repo that has the dev add-on so your updates can be done from within Kodi.
- Download the Leopold Repo Zip File and save to a location you can easily access from your Kodi device
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Navigate to where you downloaded the zip in the first step and select repository.leopold-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from repository or Get Add-Ons on Helix
- Select Leopold's Add-ons
- Select Program Add-Ons
- Select OpenELEC Dev Update
- Select Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification (it will also install a few dependencies that you will need for the add-on to work)
- You will now also see a message saying there is an update available (only if you have an older version currently installed of course).
- Select Yes
- A side window will now open asking what type of update you wish to install.
- Press left on your controller to highlight Official Releases (this will be the one with the latest stable version) & press OK/Enter on your controller to open a list containing all the official releases
- Highlight the top version (most recent) and press OK/Enter on your controller
- You will now be asked to confirm whether you want to update. Select Yes
*The update will now start downloading. Once downloaded you will be asked to make a backup. Select Yes, you will need to have a backup path already setup in the Backup add-on, if you don't then you will be prompted to do so. Just select a location and then continue.
Your box will now reboot and you will see the updates initialising. It will then reboot again and the updates will be installed.
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your internet traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 7 day money back guarantee