It is very easy to connect Kodi to your WD My Cloud and use as a media server using the following instructions. I am presuming that you have not made any changes to the name of your device in the WD My Cloud settings in this guide in terms of the device name. If you have then just just substitute the default name for your device name in the later steps.
As a Kodi user I recommend using a VPN. This will help unlock geo-blocked content, unblock sources and keep you anonymous online. You can get 25% off any package from IPVanish using the checkout code SEOM
- Open Kodi
- Select VIDEOS
- Select Files
- Select Add Videos...
- Select Browse
- Select Windows network (SMB)
- Select WORKGROUP
- Select WDMYCLOUD
- Select Public. If your video files are located somewhere else on your My Cloud then select that directory instead.
- Select Shared Videos. Again, if your video files are located somewhere else on your My Cloud then select that directory instead.
- Select OK
- If you want to change the name for the directory (this will only be changed for XBMC, not on your My Cloud) then select the directory name and make changes, if not press OK
- Click on None until you see Movies.
- If your movies are in separate folders you should click on the section marked Movies are in separate..... Then select OK
- Select Yes
- A link to your My Cloud will now be visible in the files directory. This will update whenever you add new files.
Get 25% off any VPN Plan with IPVanish VPN, using this link
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your internet traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 7 day money back guarantee