Two-Step verification or 2 factor authentication is something that you should enable on any app that offers it. This adds an extra layer of security to the app helping you protect sensitive/personal data.
It is very simple to do so on the WhatsApp app for iPhone. Just follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp
- Select Settings
- Select Account
- Select Two-Step Verification
- Select Enable
- Enter and then re-enter a 6 digit passcode
- Enter and the re-enter a backup email address for resetting your passcode
- Two-step is now setup. You will need to enter the passcode when you register your phone number with WhatsApp
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your internet traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 7 day money back guarantee