I regularly use ES File Explorer to access my Mac so I can get to files that I have downloaded to my computer and thought I would show how you can setup so you can SFTP into your computer from your Android device.
With SFTP enabled you will be able to browse, copy & move files between your Mac and your Android device.
- Open System Preferences
- Select Sharing
- In left hand pane check Remote Login
To the right you will now see something along the lines of 'To log in to this computer remotely, type "ssh email@example.com".'
On Android Device:
- Open ES File Explorer
- Select Menu
- Select Network
- Select FTP
- Select New
- Select SFTP
This opens a new window where you need to enter your access details that we got from the Mac at the beginning
- In Server put address that you got from the Remote Login settings (192.168.1.90 in my example)
- Leave Port as 22
- In Username enter your Mac Login username
- In Password enter your Mac login password
- Leave Encoding as auto
- In Display As choose any name you wish
- Press OK
That is the process complete and you can now access your computer from your Android device as long as you are on the same network.
To access your Mac you now just need to open File Explorer, select menu & select FTP and in there will be a link to your device.
- Access geo-restricted content from anywhere
- Encrypt and anonymise your internet traffic
- No logs of your traffic
- Kill Switch: Kills network if VPN connection is lost
- 7 day money back guarantee